Skip to main content

i am...

up early, but not as early as the friends and sweet hubby, who left the house at 6 a.m. to look for google chromecast (? is that right?) in a nearby bigger city

hoping the kitty stays on the arm of the chair, rather than on top of the baby bump this morning

thinking about finishing up a sewing project (a swaddle wrap with velcro for Peanut)

not sure whether the sewing machine is working correctly after the needle got stuck several times yesterday afternoon, not sure i want to fight with it if it isn't

enjoying the quiet of having the house to myself this morning and not being along for the long car ride, best buy, and possibly ikea

wondering how long Peanut is going to stay in my belly, as we are now in her birth-day-month! eep!

making a really long and impractical to-do list of things that ought to be accomplished before Peanut arrives (should packing a hospital bag go on the top of the list? things at the top are more likely to happen, right?)

eating sopaipillas with manjar for breakfast

not thrilled about jury duty starting on monday morning; hoping that they will take one look at my extra pregnant belly and send me home for the week

avoiding checking my school email account since this is the last week and a half of vacation before returning to the chaos of preparations, meetings, and negotiating exactly when to begin maternity leave (before kids come back, use up some days of maternity leave before Peanut arrives, or suffer through a week or so with kids and then be out for the full maternity leave the day i go into labor?, and working this all out with the long term sub and my principal who says she wants what is best for me but really wants what is easiest for her...)

trying not to count down days until Peanut's due date, trying not to think in terms of so many weeks left, trying to be flexible and easygoing as the unpredictability of my life increases infinitely with each passing day (and i know it will continue to increase with Peanut's birth, too -- maybe this crazy summer has just been a little mind bending preparation?)

counting down the days until the friends head back to chile and i have sweet hubby back to myself (not to mention the house, space to organize and clean and prepare for Peanut, and the furniture that will be coming from my grandma's apartment to our house, and going back to work after not really feeling like summer was all that relaxing this year, despite some wonderful times at the beach...)

off to get started fighting with the sewing machine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

five minute friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday hosted by the gypsy mama. It's Friday morning, there is no school today, and I am wide awake. I have been since about 20 minutes after my alarm usually goes off. I grabbed the cat, shoved her under the covers, and told sweet hubby "Merry Christmas". He wasn't very amused, starting scratching my head to get me to go back to sleep...but I am awake. Awake, and awakening, and growing in awareness. Last weekend was a wake-up call to me. We had a couple of friends over to watch movies on Saturday night, and by Sunday, sweet hubby and I were not on speaking terms. When we finally spoke again, late on Tuesday, I said painful words to sweet hubby.... If you are the person who was in my living room on Saturday night, then I don't want to know you. --I'm not.-- Then you will have to show me. And so we are both awakening to the task of rediscovering how to be good to one another, kind, respectful, building one another up as we r

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of