Skip to main content

what a great weekend!

Even though I was still battling a cold, we decided to head out to visit our good friends and their babies in Atlanta this weekend.

I'm so glad we decided to go! (And not to postpone the visit!)

We arrived late Friday night, and I more or less went straight to bed.

Saturday morning, I got the baby up when he was crying, and started off a great day of playing with babies and catching up with college friends. The last time we visited was right before we found out we were expecting our baby, so it was exciting to see each other again!

We lounged around in pajamas for a while and then figured it was time to do something. My friend took her 3 year old to a birthday party and I took a nap. A little bit later, we fixed lunch and waited for our other college friend and her family to arrive -- a reunion of the summer beach crowd, in January!

The two older kids (3.5 and 4) are old enough to run around together in the backyard, so we let them do that, while the baby took a nap, and we adults sat around on the patio eating brownies and chatting.

IT WAS PERFECT. Not too hot, not too cold, a little sunny but we were in the shade, all of that good stuff.

We went out to supper and ice cream, then sent the kids to bed and watched a movie.

Sunday morning, my good friend's photographer sister took some pictures of sweet hubby and me -- we never had engagement photos taken, so these were kind of like that -- at a park and then on some train tracks -- hopefully a few of them will be cute. We were looking at it as one of our last chances to get pictures of just the two of us before the baby becomes really obvious -- although I'm sure my little belly will show up in some of the pictures.

We were on time for church, too, even after taking pictures, and had a delicious lunch, then had to pack up and head home.

I LOVE visiting these friends -- the only thing we ever schedule is time to hang out and play.

It was a GREAT weekend. (And my cold is mostly gone, too!)

Comments

  1. I am glad you had a fun weekend. I hope the pictures turn out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

five minute friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday hosted by the gypsy mama. It's Friday morning, there is no school today, and I am wide awake. I have been since about 20 minutes after my alarm usually goes off. I grabbed the cat, shoved her under the covers, and told sweet hubby "Merry Christmas". He wasn't very amused, starting scratching my head to get me to go back to sleep...but I am awake. Awake, and awakening, and growing in awareness. Last weekend was a wake-up call to me. We had a couple of friends over to watch movies on Saturday night, and by Sunday, sweet hubby and I were not on speaking terms. When we finally spoke again, late on Tuesday, I said painful words to sweet hubby.... If you are the person who was in my living room on Saturday night, then I don't want to know you. --I'm not.-- Then you will have to show me. And so we are both awakening to the task of rediscovering how to be good to one another, kind, respectful, building one another up as we r

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of