Skip to main content

i am...

feeling overwhelmed with the prospect of christmas shopping on my nonexistent budget and limited free time.

snuggling with the kitty and drinking a glass of wine.

full of yummy chicken putt-putt (pot pie, for those native english speakers who were never confused by the all too similar sounds of pot-pie and putt-putt in southern dialect to a native spanish speaker learning english).

tired after making yummy chicken putt-putt.

ready to have a sub in my classroom tomorrow while i work on translating skill-rating scales with the fourth and fifth grade immersion teachers.

not ready to have a sub in my classroom on tuesday and thursday next week.

ready for friday of next week -- movie and party day!

not so excited about monday and wednesday and trying to be productive and finish this plant adaptation unit, for the love of all things good, before the break....

so excited to be close to a big break, so that i can enjoy my job and be more focused again....

happy that the "december list" is being put into play by sweet hubby, too, and not just myself -- he grabbed the guitar and sat with me in the kitchen for a while (i was working on the putt-putt) and then we played the amazing labyrinth. Greatest game ever (ok, maybe not, but it does make one think). It's a family favorite.

feeling sore in my sides, from a good yoga class last night, with my mama.

staying up past my bedtime since i have a sub tomorrow.

dreading the drive back to ikea to return the blinds that i estimated incorrectly to be the appropriate size for the bedroom windows.

wishing money grew on trees. i'd plant that kind in my backyard and baby it like no other.

sort of sad that we haven't decorated for christmas yet. Sunday is the day. after church, the family will head to the farmer's market to load up on trees, wreaths,and garlands. Then the kitty will start sleeping under the tree, next to the nativity.

trying to remember if we've had the kitty for four years this christmas, or just three. I'm leaning towards four. We don't know her real birthday (at least I don't. Sweet hubby might.) so we just celebrate that she came to live at our house on Christmas day.

thankful for the kitty. She's pretty warm when she sleeps on me (like now).

looking for some motivation. for all that decorating. And sub-plan writing. And house-cleaning. And present-finding/buying/wrapping.

wishing I could just go to the beach.

ecstatic that sweet hubby offered to clean the kitchen. putt-putt involves so many more pots and dishes that i ever remember.

hoping someone, anyone, will donate to my classroom project.

content. i have just enough of what i need, and not too much of what i don't. it's quite the blessing.

madly in love with sweet hubby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

five minute friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday hosted by the gypsy mama. It's Friday morning, there is no school today, and I am wide awake. I have been since about 20 minutes after my alarm usually goes off. I grabbed the cat, shoved her under the covers, and told sweet hubby "Merry Christmas". He wasn't very amused, starting scratching my head to get me to go back to sleep...but I am awake. Awake, and awakening, and growing in awareness. Last weekend was a wake-up call to me. We had a couple of friends over to watch movies on Saturday night, and by Sunday, sweet hubby and I were not on speaking terms. When we finally spoke again, late on Tuesday, I said painful words to sweet hubby.... If you are the person who was in my living room on Saturday night, then I don't want to know you. --I'm not.-- Then you will have to show me. And so we are both awakening to the task of rediscovering how to be good to one another, kind, respectful, building one another up as we r

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of