Skip to main content

i am...

thankful. for lots of things.

tired out after a long day of kids and plants and multiplication and perimeter and guidance lessons at school.

recovering from a now 8-day old cold.

sad and frustrated for a good friend, whose husband just found out he doesn't get to start the job he thought he would be starting in December.

praying for my friend and her husband to see and understand God's bigger plan for them.

hungry for some supper, happy that sweet hubby is in charge of fixing it.

listening to the rain begin as the season goes back to being coldish.

skipping yoga. yoga + snot = not pleasant.

excited to hear sweet hubby sing in his school chorus concert tomorrow night. excited also that my parents will be there, even though they both told sweet hubby they had other plans.

relieved to have gotten my donors choose thank you packet completed on time, since the deadline is tomorrow and I thought it was Friday.

ready for interim reports to go home the monday after thanksgiving. Who the heck scheduled interims to go home on the day after a holiday?

totally psyched about a night in! (monday: shopping for the little girl my circle adopted for christmas, tuesday: dinner with work buddies, candle wrapping with the church ladies, thursday: sweet hubby's concert).

constantly checking the mail to see if my new erin condren calendar has come home yet.

eating too much halloween candy, since only 6 trick or treaters came to our house.

glad that the car place that does all of our car repairs didn't charge for fixing the hole left by a roofing nail in my front tire.

counting down -- only four more school days until Thanksgiving. and i WILL start giving thanks the minute that fourth school day is over!

what are you doing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn...

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of...

January, Schmanuary....

 This month feels like it is going ON and ON and ON.  I guess 31 days in a single month can make it feel like the month will never end.   It's not a terrible month....it just....it feels like we aren't really getting anywhere.  I keep teaching my kids, we keep doing our "normal" routine of which books we work in and what subjects we study and where and how much we play outside....and the days, they all feel like more of the same.  I start each day calm, and quietly giving directions, and about two hours later all thoughts and feelings that "homeschooling is working for us, this is fine, I could totally keep doing this for another year" fall away and are replaced by feelings of anger and frustration and OMG could my kid please just listen to me ONE TIME and do what I ask her to do ONE TIME without me having to raise my voice? Well.  So that's how homeschooling is going. The homeschooling blogs and facebook groups all seem to agree that this is a tough t...