Skip to main content

i am...

curled up on the couch with a sweet kitty sort of sleeping on me...sort of making it really hard to type.

surprised that I noticed this is post number 100 -- I think it has been almost a year since I started this blog.

so excited to go back to the beach tomorrow afternoon, and to see my sweet college friend and her baby girl (ok, toddler girl...) for a few days.

feeling overwhelmed with all the RISC stuff I've learned in the past three days, and hoping that I will actually look at some of it over the summer and plan well for the beginning of next school year.

enjoying a little bit of time at home without sweet hubby.

looking forward to yoga tonight with my mama.

sad that sweet hubby won't be traveling with me to Scotland this summer, since he failed that class and will be re-taking it this summer.

happy that I accidentally invited a friend to travel with us to Scotland this summer, so I won't be traveling alone.

thinking I might want an ipad, because I love to play bejeweled.

wishing that there was a yogen-fruz close to my house.

agreeing that it would probably be bad news for my waistline if there were a yogen-fruz near my house.

pretty sore from running yesterday afternoon.

glad to be getting back into the habit/routine of running.

certain that the dishwasher will unload itself if I leave it alone long enough. Or not.

happy to be on the cusp of disengaging entirely from the world of school for a few weeks, and not taking any grad classes this summer for the first time in several years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

five minute friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday hosted by the gypsy mama. It's Friday morning, there is no school today, and I am wide awake. I have been since about 20 minutes after my alarm usually goes off. I grabbed the cat, shoved her under the covers, and told sweet hubby "Merry Christmas". He wasn't very amused, starting scratching my head to get me to go back to sleep...but I am awake. Awake, and awakening, and growing in awareness. Last weekend was a wake-up call to me. We had a couple of friends over to watch movies on Saturday night, and by Sunday, sweet hubby and I were not on speaking terms. When we finally spoke again, late on Tuesday, I said painful words to sweet hubby.... If you are the person who was in my living room on Saturday night, then I don't want to know you. --I'm not.-- Then you will have to show me. And so we are both awakening to the task of rediscovering how to be good to one another, kind, respectful, building one another up as we r

adult decisions

(No, not x-rated, you're looking in the wrong place.) I was supposed to go on a college church retreat this weekend. And I didn't. I was very "unresponsible" and made the best decision for me -- not to go. I would have loved spending time in the mountains. I would have loved getting to know some of the students a little bit better. I would have loved spending time taking in God's majesty while watching the sun rise or set over the lake, singing songs of praise, hiking, walking the labyrinth, or sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch. Except that this weekend, I wouldn't have loved any of those things. They would have been a burden to me. And a church retreat? I'm fairly certain that it is not supposed to feel like a burden, but more like a blessing. When sweet hubby's good friend called me and texted me to see if he could ride with me, I said no. I couldn't handle the idea of talking to this man for three hours in the car af

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn