Skip to main content

i am...

hungry. Hubby is cooking supper.

tired and sore -- oh, yoga, you double edged sword.

eager to see how this student-teacher-mentor thing will work out, starting tomorrow morning.

hoping to get a teacher-esque desk for said student-teacher.

a little bit disappointed that hubby seems to be opting for *not* singing in the opera at school this semester, even though he was the directors top pick for the one remaining tenor spot.

glad that hubby is actually thinking about the time commitment that singing in the opera would mean and how it might affect his abilities to both be healthy (eating regularly and exercising, which is a new addition to his schedule) and keep up with his schoolwork.

hopeful that hubby will pass all of his classes and not have to skip this summer's big trip to Chile -- like he had to miss last summer's big trip to Scotland.

bummed about giving up going to the beach on the long weekend to do student-teacher-mentor-training on Saturday.

excited to go to the beach the next weekend to run in the first of this years 12 5Ks -- I've officially decided that a race a month is my goal for 2012. Hopefully most of them will be charity fundraisers, although this first one, I'm fairly certain, is not -- it simply was a race that fit into the January craziness.

apprehensive about finding two birthday gifts for my sister and brother before the 19th -- ack!

excited, excited, excited that tomorrow is a student half day.

loving the peach walls of my bedroom and the new chest of drawers that Santa and my grandma gave me for Christmas.

hungry. did I mention that? It's been 9 hours since my last meal. Maybe I should learn healthy snacking habits, and re-stock my school snack supply. Then I could eat lunch at the normal 10:45 and have second-lunch at 3:00, then not be ravenous before supper at 8.

I think supper is ready! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

five minute friday

Linking up for Five Minute Friday hosted by the gypsy mama. It's Friday morning, there is no school today, and I am wide awake. I have been since about 20 minutes after my alarm usually goes off. I grabbed the cat, shoved her under the covers, and told sweet hubby "Merry Christmas". He wasn't very amused, starting scratching my head to get me to go back to sleep...but I am awake. Awake, and awakening, and growing in awareness. Last weekend was a wake-up call to me. We had a couple of friends over to watch movies on Saturday night, and by Sunday, sweet hubby and I were not on speaking terms. When we finally spoke again, late on Tuesday, I said painful words to sweet hubby.... If you are the person who was in my living room on Saturday night, then I don't want to know you. --I'm not.-- Then you will have to show me. And so we are both awakening to the task of rediscovering how to be good to one another, kind, respectful, building one another up as we r

adult decisions

(No, not x-rated, you're looking in the wrong place.) I was supposed to go on a college church retreat this weekend. And I didn't. I was very "unresponsible" and made the best decision for me -- not to go. I would have loved spending time in the mountains. I would have loved getting to know some of the students a little bit better. I would have loved spending time taking in God's majesty while watching the sun rise or set over the lake, singing songs of praise, hiking, walking the labyrinth, or sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch. Except that this weekend, I wouldn't have loved any of those things. They would have been a burden to me. And a church retreat? I'm fairly certain that it is not supposed to feel like a burden, but more like a blessing. When sweet hubby's good friend called me and texted me to see if he could ride with me, I said no. I couldn't handle the idea of talking to this man for three hours in the car af

Life in the time of Corona, part 11

 Well, Halloween has come and gone....but it was a fun one.  Different, for sure, but fun.  We *DID* trick or treat -- probably the first "normal" thing that we've done in a long time.  I turned a mermaid tail blanket into a dress for Miss Middle to wear; she dressed up as her favorite imaginary play character.  No one could tell who she was, but she would proudly announce her name and the adults, who probably generally don't know who kids are dressing up as "these days" would exclaim things like, "of course!" and "that's the best _____ costume I've ever seen!"  Miss Middle was very pleased.  Peanut decided to dress up as a flower.  I acquired green pants and green shirt, and she decorated a hat as a flower.  I think she did a lovely job.   And "the baby" dressed up as a black cat.  He figured out pretty quickly that it was easier to ride in the stroller and let big sisters bring him candy for his bucket.  I loved that m