Skip to main content

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama.

If you met me....
I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't.



If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English.

If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine?



If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never know when people have their reasons or heartaches about when they are going to have kids or whether they can have them at all.



If you met me, you might think I was rude, but usually it is because I am shy and have to get to know people and trust them pretty well before I'll go beyond surface conversation. I won't talk about politics or religion or anything personal until I know you are someone who will respect my beliefs and where they come from.



If you met me, you would know there are a lot of things I want to do, and that one by one, I'm trying to get them done.

Comments

  1. It's nice to meet you---even if it is through the 5 Minute Friday Challenge. I appreciate your realness and transparency. Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on the kid questions...most days. Thanks for sharing so openly. It's nice to get to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days on the kid questions. We had our first after our 6th anniversary. We were together for 2 years before that. So after 8 years when we announced our first pregnancy my mother and mother in law refused to believe us. We are jokesters...and neither family took us seriously!! All in due time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Linking up from the Gypsy Momma :). Your blog is very inspiring! I think I'd like to write on like this. Just freedom in letting ppl get to know you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi neighbor...after my daughter's journey to PG...I will never ask a couple when they are having kids...you are so right...you never know what is really going on in someones life...
    If I met you...I don't think I would think you rude...just cautious....'
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I met you, I'm sure we would get along famously! Thanks for the little insight into your world. I feel like maybe I've met you a little!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of...

January, Schmanuary....

 This month feels like it is going ON and ON and ON.  I guess 31 days in a single month can make it feel like the month will never end.   It's not a terrible month....it just....it feels like we aren't really getting anywhere.  I keep teaching my kids, we keep doing our "normal" routine of which books we work in and what subjects we study and where and how much we play outside....and the days, they all feel like more of the same.  I start each day calm, and quietly giving directions, and about two hours later all thoughts and feelings that "homeschooling is working for us, this is fine, I could totally keep doing this for another year" fall away and are replaced by feelings of anger and frustration and OMG could my kid please just listen to me ONE TIME and do what I ask her to do ONE TIME without me having to raise my voice? Well.  So that's how homeschooling is going. The homeschooling blogs and facebook groups all seem to agree that this is a tough t...