Skip to main content

I am...

exhausted. having a student teacher in the room makes the kids a little crazy. And he has lots of questions about things I haven't been thinking about lately.

hopeful that the cat won't wake me up at 2 am again. or 3 am. or 4am.

proud to be 1/12 of the way through the new year's goal of 2012. My running buddy and I finished our first 5K of the year on Saturday, in 34 minutes -- we are both very happy with that result.

feeling behind in all things school related. I'm not sure how to make this better without staying late for several days in a row. Which I don't love doing, but I also don't love the feeling of being behind on things that I'm supposed to be caught up on.

looking forward to summer, and visiting sweet hubby's family. 3 years is a long time not to set eyes on the in-laws. I'm sure other people would count that as a blessing, but I don't. 3 years is a just a long time away.

missing dancing. I wish I could find a studio in town that offers adult ballet or contemporary classes that are not geared towards extreme beginners nor professionals. I'm neither, and I also don't want to try a class full of skinny, gorgeous, ambitious high school students. I just want to dance for fun, fitness, myself.

surprised by how quickly each week goes by. it's already time for yoga again tomorrow? how did this happen?

trying to convince myself not to eat the little debbie christmas tree cakes that are in the pantry, while watching the biggest loser. Something about that combination just seems incredibly wrong. but it might still happen.

happy to be spending the coming weekend on a church retreat, and hopeful that the gas griddle won't shoot another fireball at me. I quite like having my eyelashes and eyebrows and all that hair around my face...it took long enough to grow back, last time.

sad not to be at the beach. the weekend spent with running buddy was so relaxing, it was hard to come home. Especially hard, since there is currently not another beach trip on the calendar.

considering, very seriously, going to bed at 8:30. An extra hour of sleep could potentially turn me into a nice teacher again for tomorrow, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn...

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of...

January, Schmanuary....

 This month feels like it is going ON and ON and ON.  I guess 31 days in a single month can make it feel like the month will never end.   It's not a terrible month....it just....it feels like we aren't really getting anywhere.  I keep teaching my kids, we keep doing our "normal" routine of which books we work in and what subjects we study and where and how much we play outside....and the days, they all feel like more of the same.  I start each day calm, and quietly giving directions, and about two hours later all thoughts and feelings that "homeschooling is working for us, this is fine, I could totally keep doing this for another year" fall away and are replaced by feelings of anger and frustration and OMG could my kid please just listen to me ONE TIME and do what I ask her to do ONE TIME without me having to raise my voice? Well.  So that's how homeschooling is going. The homeschooling blogs and facebook groups all seem to agree that this is a tough t...