Skip to main content

estoy...

disfrutando un día de flojera, con la gatita sentada encima de mis piernas por la quinta vez hoy.

feliz que mi esposito lindo es bueno para arreglar cosas, como mi maquina de coser que no quiso funcionar....solamente necesitaba una parte muy pequeña, que compré por $2.13, sin tener que pagar a alguien abrirme la maquina.

esperando a mi esposito lindo que necesita volver de su último clase, un grupo que está aprendiendo a tocar saxofón.

contenta que mi esposito lindo me informó de su 80 en la primera prueba (examen) de teoría, y también que ya está recibiendo tutoría de su profe para sacar una nota mejor en la proxima prueba.

cansada con el día gris y tanto flojera, pero feliz que no tuve que ir a la escuela hoy. A veces uno necesita un día personal para sentarse en su casa y no sentirse obligada a hacer nada, especialmente no lavar las sábanas, ni la ropa, ni hacer la comida, ni lavar la loza, ni desempacar la maleta.

sonriendo con el olor de salsa de manzanas que viene de mi cocina, hecho de las manzanas que buscamos en las montañas este fin de semana.

viendo noticias tristes de una niña que se mató por accidente con una pistola que encontró en el auto, y pensando en la tontería que es tener una pistola que una niña de seis años puede acceder.

pensando en pintar mi pieza, pero no puedo decidir en un color, sin tener que cambiar muchas cosas que ya están allí....amarillo? morado? rojo? (no, no rojo)....azul? gris? no sé todavía. Sé que es solamente pintura, pero el mover todo y desplazar a todo será mucho más que simplemente pintar. Y esposito lindo no pinta.

lista para empezar a cocinar una sopita de sobre para mi esposito lindo, que está en su clase pensando que va a tener que llegar a cocinar, aunque yo no he hecho nada hoy....quiero sorprenderle con la cena lista, después de su día largo de clase y trabajo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

so far away

Linking up to the Gypsy Mama's five minute Friday.... Chile is so far away. My husband's homeland, the place where he most wants to be. His mama is there, his daddy is there, his brothers and cousins and grandmas and the people who mattered most to him for so so so long are there, and we are here. Here in the very different US, with values thrown at us everyday that seem to say that his childhood was inferior and that returning to a life like that would be the most unwise choice. Here, where the only way to get from one place to another is by car. Here, where without a college degree a "real job" is impossible to come by. Here, where being a legal resident costs thousands of dollars, time, and ridiculous interviews where people question whether you are actually married. Distance is what happens when it is time for the holidays, time to remember family traditions, and the people who are still celebrating them, even though he is far away, thrust into the midst of...

if you met me...

Linking up at the Gypsy Mama . If you met me.... I'd be happy to chat for a little while, unless I was watching the clock and trying to manage my time. Sometimes I try, sometimes I don't. If you met me at school, I'd only speak to you in Spanish. For real. Unless there were no kids around, in which case I could speak to you in English. If you met me at the beach, I'd be running around in my pjs or a bikini. All the time. I think I even forgot to pack shorts for the current beach trip. Who needs shorts when there are bikinis and sunshine? If you met me, you might think I'm ridiculous about how much I love my husband and our cat. And please don't ask me, after you hear that we've been married for five years, if we have any kids. If I didn't mention any, I probably don't have any. And if I didn't mention on my own that I one day want to have kids, don't ask me when I'm planning to. I think it is rude, and personal, and you never kn...

January, Schmanuary....

 This month feels like it is going ON and ON and ON.  I guess 31 days in a single month can make it feel like the month will never end.   It's not a terrible month....it just....it feels like we aren't really getting anywhere.  I keep teaching my kids, we keep doing our "normal" routine of which books we work in and what subjects we study and where and how much we play outside....and the days, they all feel like more of the same.  I start each day calm, and quietly giving directions, and about two hours later all thoughts and feelings that "homeschooling is working for us, this is fine, I could totally keep doing this for another year" fall away and are replaced by feelings of anger and frustration and OMG could my kid please just listen to me ONE TIME and do what I ask her to do ONE TIME without me having to raise my voice? Well.  So that's how homeschooling is going. The homeschooling blogs and facebook groups all seem to agree that this is a tough t...